I suggest you ...

I want to be able to set *all* my data up so it's correct and salable

Datacoup's intent here is very good, but you don't go nearly far enough. I want to be able to set forth current, accurate personal data of all kinds and make it available for open sale. My name, address, phone, accounts, hobbies, interests, *everything* about me. I want a place (here at Datacoup) where I can put it all in accurately, make changes as my life changes, and have Datacoup help me sell it all safely to companies who otherwise would scrape data from me all over the web, accurate or inaccurate.

What I'd really like is to see what companies "out there" think they know about me. Then for Company X I can see they have my address wrong, and I can use my account at Datacoup to sell them the corrected address. There is no way I can keep companies from scraping data about me wherever they can find it. So I want all the data brokers and data buyers out there to have *accurate* information about me. And I want a central clearing house of accurate data that I can expand over time. And I'd be happy if Datacoup would perform this gathering and brokering function for me.

So keep going. Keep expanding your data fields. Help me sell my data openly and safely. It's waaay past time for me to be able to do this.

Think big here. Think thorough. Think being my Information Agent in as many areas and subjects and items as possible.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephen Baker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google